Sunday, July 3, 2016

The Dark Tower VII: First Impressions

**Spoilers Below! 

Lovely readers,

I am so excited to say that I have started the last book in The Dark Tower series! And, as this book is extremely long, I wanted to write a quick first impression (as I've just completed chapter one) and some of the things I'm expecting this book to reveal. Enjoy!

As for my first impressions of the book, it started out with a bang and I love it. The Dark Tower VII is a definite contrast to the first book in the series, The Gunslinger, simple because it starts off in the middle of the action and picks up also exactly where Song of Susannah left off. This is one of the first things I typically look for in a series: if the book before set the stage for the one after.
As for what I'm expecting... I'm expecting a collage of sadness, triumph, suspense, and a tearful goodbye to the series. In the words of King in the dust cover flap, "All good things must come to an end, constant reader." And I think he'll do us well by that. I don't expect anything less of an epic ending and a deep longing for more.
The only real hope I have for the ending is that King wraps up everything. Who will give their life? Will the ka-tet reach The Dark Tower? What will be in the top room? Will Roland finally defeat Walter and the Crimson King? Will he fulfill the journey that has killed all that he loved? We'll find out! Stay tuned for my next review: The Dark Tower VII!

With love and knowledge,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment